This is the place to hear about our staffs adventures, out and about, in Alaska and afar.
New this winter, Beaver Sports is excited to offer free beginner ski lessons throughout the winter. We will offer free ski lessons the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30pm:
November 20, December 18, January 15, February 19, and March 19
Lessons will be on the UAF ski trails, both skate and classic technique lessons will be available. If you have always wanted to try nordic skiing, or are new to the sport and need some pointers – these lessons will be perfect for you! You can also rent skis from Beaver Sports beforehand if you don’t own any. We will have a temperature cut off of -10F. See you on the trails!
Every Friday at 5:00pm throughout the summer we host
a FREE Bike Repair Clinic here at Beaver Sports!
Give Back Fairbanks #GiveBackFairbanks NOVEMBER 25-DECEMBER 24
Donate $5, $10 or &20 to the Fairbanks Foodbank or Rescue Mission and get the following deals:
- 20% off Clothing throughout the store*. Hats, sock, gloves and accessories included.
- 20% off Ski and snowboard packages (ski/board, binding and boot)additional 10% on sale items
- 20% off socks, gloves, helmets, googles and ski/board luggage.
- All Fatbikes include a $100 dollar giftcard to spend how you like.
- 20% off shoes from our Athletic (downstairs) department.
- 20% off Backpacks, Tents and Sleeping bags.
- 10% off Alpacka Rafts and Snow Safety (beacons, probes, shovels)
*regular priced in stock items only. Excludes electronics, ski hardgoods, studded tires, poagies
- Dragon Googles 50% off original price
- Black Diamond and Moment skis 50% off original price
- Select PRANA, PATAGONIA and KUHL 40% off
And he’s off!
Phil from our Camp, Climb, Travel Department left on a sunny day from the store en route to Orange County, California. Tatiana (Sportswear) and Brenda (Cashier) escorted him out of town as far as Tok. And Roy from our Ski Shop left a couple of days later to chase them down and meet up with Phil to continue on via the remote Cassiar Highway to Prince George, BC, Canada. Several others of us only WISH we were going!
Phil will continue his self-supported ride on his Salsa Fargo touring bike down through Vancouver and on to the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway, ending his summer adventure in Orange County, California. We’ll welcome him back to the store in August, and hope to wrangle him into hosting a slide show with pictures and stories for all you armchair adventurers out there.