Promotions and outreach coordinator
The primary function of the marketing and promotions associate is to develop marketing strategies to promote and integrate Beaver Sports in the Fairbanks community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Organize, attend, and/or participate in special events and promotions in collaboration with different vendors.
2. Serve as spokesperson for the organization at meetings, special and media events.
3. Responsible for developing and implementing all outreach, events, and marketing activities, campaigns, and strategies to promote Beaver Sports. This can be done through a combination of media, brochures, mass mailings, public presentations, special events, the internet, etc.
4. Establish and maintain effective relationships with media (TV, radio, newspaper), other local stores, and related clubs and organizations.
5. Manage and maintain consistent social media presence for Beaver Sports.
6. Develop and implement an annual outreach plan that includes promotional strategies in collaboration with other managers.
7. Manage all donations.
8. Organize employee events, perks, and outings.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing/ Advertising, Business or Public Administration a plus
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must have proficiency in MS Office Applications, Adobe Creative Suite, database, and spreadsheet software. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are required. Must have the ability to effectively prepare and present information to various groups. The ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision is essential. Knowledge of marketing principles so as to develop and implement strategies that promote Beaver Sports is critical. Passion for local business, the outdoors, and the city of Fairbanks!