Give Back Fairbanks #GiveBackFairbanks NOVEMBER 25-DECEMBER 24
Donate $5, $10 or &20 to the Fairbanks Foodbank or Rescue Mission and get the following deals:
- 20% off Clothing throughout the store*. Hats, sock, gloves and accessories included.
- 20% off Ski and snowboard packages (ski/board, binding and boot)additional 10% on sale items
- 20% off socks, gloves, helmets, googles and ski/board luggage.
- All Fatbikes include a $100 dollar giftcard to spend how you like.
- 20% off shoes from our Athletic (downstairs) department.
- 20% off Backpacks, Tents and Sleeping bags.
- 10% off Alpacka Rafts and Snow Safety (beacons, probes, shovels)
*regular priced in stock items only. Excludes electronics, ski hardgoods, studded tires, poagies
- Dragon Googles 50% off original price
- Black Diamond and Moment skis 50% off original price
- Select PRANA, PATAGONIA and KUHL 40% off
- The color and texture of the interior
You’re Invited to Beaver Sports’ Very First First Friday
Our own Lee Petersen will be transforming the store into a beautiful gallery with his photographic collection “The Color and Texture of the Interior” on First Friday, February Fifth, starting at 5 pm. Lee specializes in gorgeous images you can’t get from your car. He is our Camp/Climb/Travel manager at Beaver Sports, and he uses all his hiking, climbing, and glacier travel skills to capture the most breathtaking beauty with his camera.
Enjoy light refreshments and winter beverages while you view the collection. All photographs were taken by Lee, himself, and he will be on hand to answer questions, talk F-stops, give some background on what it took to capture some of these unique shots. Formats will be framed prints and Float Metal Prints, ranging in size from 5″x7″ to 20″x30″. Enjoy the beauty while you shop, or take one to go to make your home or office a more beautiful place. See you Friday night!
I’ve always been drawn to the seasonal variation of the Alaska interior. There is a uniqueness to this region that I haven’t seen elsewhere. Taiga forest blends into the tundra, endless flats give way to rolling hills or majestic mountains, ice scours the peaks of the Alaska Range. The night sky may erupt in aurora, giving way to long twilight hours before filling with red, orange, and yellow sunrises. Every season brings enormous color. Throughout the year, I try to capture the incredible landscape we live in. The selection of photographs presented for this First Friday is a representation of the range in color and texture we witness across the seasons.
- Since 1972
Welcome to the Great Outdoors. Welcome to Beaver Sports.
Our locally owned and operated store offers all the clothing, gear, and expertise you are looking for to enjoy outdoor action sports in and around Fairbanks and Alaska’s Interior. We specialize in hiking, biking, paddling, climbing, backpacking, camping, running, alpine and cross-country skiing, ski touring, and snowboarding. But we also have a great selection of clothing and other products for hunting, fishing, snow machining, yoga, swimming, crossfit, and more. If you’re active in the outdoors, you’ll feel right at home at Beaver Sports. more…